Throughout the day we we have collected lots of How Might We questions, the problem is they are probably in a big pile, and aren't organised at all. This exercise will help us to make sense of the biggest questions we have raised so far.
- Estimated time needed: 30 minutes
- Team: Facilitator, Note-taker, Stakeholders
- How Might We notes from ask the experts
Why should we do this exercise?
By the end of this exercise we will have a list of the most useful, important, or risky questions that we hope to answer in the rest of sprint.
- Ask the team to gather all of thier How Might We notes in a single place.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Ask the team to begin grouping all the notes into categories.
- After 10 minutes add more time if the groups aren't looking well defined enough.
- Once the groups are clearer start asking if any straggler questions could be added to larger groups.
- Ask the group to give the groups titles.
- Give 3 votes to each person, encourage them to take the time to read the HMWs, then vote for the ones that they feel are the most useful or important.
- Gived the decider an additional 3 votes to add to the board.
- Copy your most highly voted notes onto your Critical Path later. To make it easier to choose areas to focus on for the rest of the sprint.