Sharing the knowledge of the business, competition, value proposition, customer, and any other relevant research to develop a common understanding of the context of which we’re working.
- Estimated time needed: 2-3 hours
- Team: Facilitator, Note-taker, Stakeholders
Why should we do this exercise?
This exercises helps us to identify the root cause of the problem we are trying to solve, rather than the apparent surface-level problem. Solving the root cause should be the goal of any Sprint or new product as it creates a better product with fewer wasted resources so it is absolutely crucial to know what your root problem is. Check out the example below to see exactly what we mean.
- Quickly identify existing research to determine what research should be shared throughout the day (10 minutes)
- Define the business & the customer (1 hour)
- Define the problem, the value proposition, Success (1 hour)
- Lightning demos of any existing product or competitors sites (45 minutes)